Outpourings

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

So I've become a little obsessed of late with "The Crush" and it's time
to get back to a bit of reality. The truth, in case you're wondering,
is that this crush is nothing more than a fabrication of emotion
designed to distract myself from someone who is many miles away at the
moment. And while this plan is working now, it seems unlikely that it
will have much longevity.

* * *
So what else is happening, I ask myself?

Work is poo of course, but I seem physically incapable of doing anything about it. I wouldn't say my job was a Mcjob
as such but it is pretty soul destroying when it goes badly. The
problem is that I love the people I work with and as times goes on I
seem to meet more and more lovely people (The Crush, for example) and
this makes it harder to leave. I guess its all about breaking the
cycle, but how does one go about this.

* * *
At this minute,
I am at my brother's house in Hove. I've just run about 4k on Hove
seafront which was lovely but bloody hard work as my legs felt like
lead. I'm trying to get fit for a 10K race on Monday but I fear one
week isn't quite long enough. One thing that I have learnt though, is
that pain isn't always bad and you can run through it.

* * *
A
friend of mine who has been going through a pretty rough time lately
made me think today. She said, "I'm surrounded by some truly amazing
people and I'm so grateful for that!". Now before you reach for the
sick bucket, hear me out! It got me thinking about how we never really
say to those around us how much they mean. How we never really show
true affection. So I'd like to say now that I too am surrounded by some
truly amazing people. At work, in Brighton and at home (my housemates
are two of the greatest people I have ever met). And yet because I
can't tell them how I feel, I'm going to write it here. I love you all.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 pm, Blogger Adam said...

People you work with make your job enjoyable, I am leaving my job in 2 weeks, and I am going to miss the people terribly!

good luck with the run. Remember to stretch lots afterwards, you will n occasionally (I'm really bad) but aim to do the 10km in an hour, you'll be fine! I was dead chuffed with running it in 1hr 3 mins!

Have a happy easter!!

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Adam said...

"you will n occasionally (I'm really bad)"

What?!?!

it should read:

"You will thank me for it. Occasionally I run (I'm really bad)"

damn those after work beers tonight.

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger Cruel_to_be_kind said...

Eugh! No! You didn't pass the sick bucket... I've made a terrible mess!

Fondest love from your Great(er) Housemate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home