Outpourings

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pasta and Cheese

Today's cheese related subject is;

Cheese and pasta.

Now, yesterday I started a "Change in lifestyle" which involves eating quite healthily and exercising a bit. The idea is that I continue living how I have been living but gradually make changes and by the end of the year I'm thinner and, more importantly, healthier. So I made a big old pasta dish with quorn and served it up with pasta shells (I've forgotten what they are called) and looked at the plate of food in front of me and thought "there's something missing!"
Then my house mate, lets call him JLP, came in and said "this looks good Mould! It would look even better with a load of grated cheese on it!" And then it occurred to me. The cheese was missing.

So here is the question; is pasta without grated cheese like roast beef without horseradish, like roast lamb without mint sauce, like a ham sandwich without mustard? Is cheese an essential part of a pasta dish?

In non-cheese news;

My mobile phone network isn't supplying me with coverage today. Think of all the people who have been trying to contact me who are panicking now because I am unable to receive their calls/texts.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 am, Blogger Kelly said...

You shouldn't worry about your phone - you are meant to be working. I am fairly sure they won't send out a search party yet!!!

Oh and I like it with and without.

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger LĂ©onie said...

Cheese is IMPERATIVE. I would eat pasta without it, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much, by any means.

Mmmm. Cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home