Outpourings

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Something old and something new

After I recovered emotionally from the scandal of over-exuberance at the wedding, moving offices and having the house to myself. I have had the week sent directly from Heaven this week. I am going to chaperise this;

Epiphany

Monday was a hellish day,
My mood was very black,
But then, at night, in bed I lay,
And got my happiness back.

That is to say that I was a very negative person on Monday and then that night I couldn't sleep and whilst pondering the day I decided that the only person really bothered by my negativity was me. And normally I'm not negative at all. People who complain about EVERYTHING were saying that I moaned a lot. ME! Positive Mould! So on Tuesday I was a subtly new person. More cheery, no moaning, no seeing the neagitves (therefore much less speaking the truth), and no bitching (I have renamed it commenting). And it bloody worked! Just shows how effective and slightly-more-dilluded-than-usual outlook can be. Lets hope I keep it up.

Folk
Kate Rusby with Trethana (I hope you will hear more about her in the future - she is one of my muses). I have never looked forward to anything more in my life. From that fateful day in 2001 at 12 Denbigh Road in Norwich when I turned on Later With Jools Holland and heard her singing a song about a sailor. Just her and a guitar and it was a revalation. It caused a lot of trouble - country music came from that, as did line dancing - but I love it. And I'd wanted to see her forever.

And it didn't dissapoint. It helped that we had the best seats in the house (how that happened I have no idea).

What a night.

Tapas and Theatre (what a shit title for a chapter)

Dancin Fairy, Shining Wit and I went to see Haebeas Corpus at Brighton Theatre Royal. We had Tapas first and nice conversation. The play itself was ok. I like darker Alan Bennet more than the comedies but it was fun (it was about sex).

The best thing about it thought was the company and the experience. The company because it made me incredibly relaxed and the experience because I got a such urge of what I want to do with my life - watch plays. If only that was a career and not a hobby.

Getting my groove back


Line Dancing and I havn't had the best relationship lately. I was getting bored and a little frustrated with it. There seemed to be no continuity to it but I soon realised that this was because I hadn't been doing it regularly enough. Last night I LOVED it. More than enything. Its pure escapism - like everything else stops for 2 hours and all that there is is a floor, some old people, some fat people and me in brown shoes, dancing to Jane MacDonald. Who would of thought that I would find contentment in that?

Afterwards I went and met Petal for a drink and met some of her mates. IT was weird to meet new people again but they were so lovely. It was good for my confidence. It fact it was good generally. Go out and meet someone today. It'll do you good.

Mystery

I don't know what has happened to Jnr. He went out last Friday and didn't come back. I've decided to call it The Case of the Dissaperaing Housemate. Watch this space...

2 Comments:

At 8:03 am, Blogger Kelly said...

I am glad tat you got your groove and positive attitude back. All that negativity is Bad For You.

I had a lovely time at the threatre too darh-ling!

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger Paul 'Fuzz' Lowman said...

Epic blogging, man. So many themes. Such breadth. Poetry! Folk music! Tapas! Theatre! Line dancing! Vanishing housemates! Is there anything you can't do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home