Outpourings

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

When you're bored, make a list

See Paul's blog for the inspiration for this.

TOP TEN TV CHARACTERS

I can't put these in any order so this list is just Ten TV Characters That I Think Are Good;

1. Nyles Crane from Frasier
Conceited, snobbish, bitchy, neurotic and a real weed - how can that be at all good? But he is so funny.
2. Anna from This Life
Bitchy again.(there's a definite theme emerging) but flawed. And the whole thing about being completely in love with Miles. Ah, perfect gay fodder.
3. Alexander from Queer As Folk
The gay one. Well, the camp gay one at any rate and the only one of the main cast to be actually played by a gayman. Again he's bitchy but flawed. What fun!
4. Karen in Will and Grace
A classic bitch! But this one redefines bitchiness. Too evil for words sometimes.
5. Bubble in Absolutely Fabulous
Not a btch. But outthere. And the clothes!
6. Gary in Men Behaving Badly
I like the body language and the faces he pulls.
7. Carmella in the Sopranos
Camp, flawed and feisty.
8. Rachel in Friends
I love her. I think I actually love her. Especially when she is angry.
9. Swerengen in Deadwood
He has so much depth to him - he;s not just your classic baddy but he has a heart and sympathy as well as showing how wise he is.
10 The Mother (Ruth) in Six Feet Under
Ahhhh. What a woman. So deep and emotional. As someone said to me recently "She breaks my heart!"

2 Comments:

At 7:47 am, Blogger Mouldy said...

The really camp one who is now in Coronation Street.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Paul 'Fuzz' Lowman said...

Nice list, sir. An eclectic selection, some - This Life's Anna - I coulda guessed, but there are some surprises in there too - ie Deadwood dude. I've never caught Deadwood, despite the fact that I've always figured it'll be right up my street. See you at the wedding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home