Outpourings

Monday, April 30, 2007

Excuses, excuses!

"Mouldy, you're overweight! Why is this?"

Well, I picked up some excess baggage during adolescence and coupled with my thyroid problem and my massive appetite have never been able to lose it.

"Why do you smoke?"

Its an addiction and I have an addictive personality.

"Why aren't you fit?"

I just don't have the time to excercise.

"Why does your love-life consist of one unhealthy, inappropiate crush after another?"

I'm naive. In many ways its a good quality to have.

"Why don't you do something about it?"

Please see my responses above.

* * *

That's a conversation I might have had last week, or last month or at any point over the last 27 years.

Well, no more. That's it. No excuses please. Just progress.

4 Comments:

At 7:38 am, Blogger Kelly said...

You exercise a lot more than me so you do have time for it!

We both need a kick up the bottom really....there is always some excuse.

Kind regards,

 
At 7:39 am, Blogger Kelly said...

Hmm, I was listening to you on the other side of the table typing an email and then I just typed kind regards at the end of that comment like I was writing an email.

i am loosing le plot!

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Cruel_to_be_kind said...

They're not just excuses. To make an excuse is to knowingly deploy a falsehood in order to decieve...

Yours is self-deception; your 'excuses' are, in fact, low estimations of your ability to realise your goals. Or worse, you deny yourself the right to goals.

What's needed is higher self-esteem, clearer self-knowledge, and belief.

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger Paul 'Fuzz' Lowman said...

Ha ha ha. Great post, Oades. The Northern Bitch In Brighton strikes again. Honest, self-aware stuff, Oades. Enjoyed it a bunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home