Outpourings

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wrongness in a wood and some movies

Friday last. Thetford Forest on the Norfolk-Suffolk border. Lots of people crowded in a field to watch the Pet Shop Boys play the last part of their European Tour. It was marvellous. Over the top, camp, flambouyant featuring line dancing and army uniforms and all sorts. But what amazed me was how many straight people were there. But more than that, how many straight people were totally loving it! I mean familes and the old and loads and loads of 40 year old straight couples, singing along, ("it's a sin!"). Do these people not know what these songs are about? The Pet Shop Boys are surely the gayest band alive, aren't they? Have I been wrong all this time?

* * *
Saw the Break Up (yawn). Good yarn. Funny in places. Jenn is nice to look at. Vince, not so much. I wouldn't bother if I were you. ESPECIALLY if you have relationship issues.

* * *
Next day, I watched Kinky Boots. About a shoe factory in Northampton that couldn't make shoes anymore so started making boots for drags queens. This was a good laugh. But…sanitised. OVER-sanitized. Again, I wouldn't bother.

* * *
Next day, I watched Broken Flowers. Brilliant. Marvellous. Superb. Cannot praise it highly enough. Go watch it now.

* * *
Today I am watching something Argentinian. About a dog. I'll tell you if its good but I am not holding out much hope.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 pm, Blogger Kelly said...

But the music is good. People often don't think that hard about the lyrics.

Argentinian about a dog? You should have come out with me instead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home