Outpourings

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tomorrow Belongs To Me

I've reached a pinacle of sorts. Last night I ran a personal best at the Worthing 10K. My time of 51 minutes 39 seconds represents an imporvement of around 6 minutes from my first race back in November.

Whilst this is great, and the comments and support from my friends and colleagues have really pleased me, what yesterday showed me was how much personal satisfaction I was getting out of it. I saw for a minute a realistic goal and saw too how to get there.

Running is great because it's so methodical. You run more and you improve. And as you improve you get fitter and thinner. Plus, I've found that my attitude to the "bad things" has changed too. I don't fry ups and burgers now because I can clearly see that they have a negative impact on the running.

I still think I need to change more but its going well. Who would've thought it?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:48 pm, Blogger Kelly said...

As you well know I am so proud of you!

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Adam said...

51 mins is amazing! Puts my lame !hr 3mins to shame! Must get my fat arse up and running again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home