Outpourings

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner

Things that have happened;

I have completed the Brighton 10K. I did it in 57 mins which I am quite pleased with because it is within the time I set myself (one hour). So I have a sense of achievment. Now I need to do it again (there's my addictive personality speaking. But first I need to lose some weight.

So it's FUCK THE FITNESS: LET'S GET THIN. And with the festive season approaching that looks, well, unlikely. But whatever.

* * *

My Mum has become addicted to Ebay which is fine because she has made literally hundreds of pounds by selling her dresses from when she was a wee lass in the 50's and 60's, but she can't work how to get the money for them. Which is a problem.

* * *

So yet another close friend turns 30 next week! So I'm heading up to the Finest City in Norfolk to celebrate. Wish me luck!

* * *

I'm watching more films than I thought but none of them are igniting my passion. Never watch Mike Leigh. Ever!

* * *

I am a handful at work. I need anger management. That is all I am saying.

* * *

I need blog inspiration. Please help.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 am, Blogger Cecilia said...

Hi Mouldy! I can't help you out with the blog inspiration I'm afraid, given that my own posts are few and far between. I do however know people who would KILL YOU for saying Oasis and U2 are overrated. A group of my friends went to Sydney last week to listen to U2 (2 hour plane trip). The same group also had tickets to see Oasis before they cancelled their Australian shows. Some of them had tickets to go to the U2 concert two days running, and some 'acquired' them there after they loved it so much. God, the married couple even played 'Its a beautiful day' by U2 as the last song at their wedding reception (have to admit, that was quite nice)!

I too am attending an engagement party this weekend. I will be taking a chocolate meringue pie and my gift of a terracotta planter shaped like a mouse (well, I was a bit stumped for ideas given that they've been living together for years - at least I'm reasonably confident they don't have one).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home