Outpourings

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Don't EVEN get me started

So it was our works do last Friday night (see the Fairy). I plucked up the courage to proposition someone
and the cheeky bastard turned me down. I couldn't believe I'd done it
because this guy isn't exactly Brad Pitt but what surprised me the next
morning was how little I was bothered by it. Not mortified at all.

***

Work
is so so frustrating at the moment. Mainly its due to the combination
of a heavy workload and the apparent lack of any real management
direction. And then my partner in crime at work, Rosebud, handed in her
notice today. I'll be a lost soul in January but maybe it will give me
theimpetus I need to finally give myself a kick up the arse and get a real job. What job, is another question. Suggestions welcomed.

***

Today's Dolly quote is;

They let your dream
Just a' watch 'em shatter
You're just a step
On the boss man's ladder
But you got dreams he'll never take away


Dolly gets it. She always has.

3 Comments:

At 9:26 pm, Blogger Kelly said...

The proposition still has me in stitches, that was so brave of you. Now all we need to do is get you to proposition someone who has a chance of saying yes!

***

I am also sad that Rosebud is leaving but your comments made me a bit sad. Is there no one else you work with that makes your day a bit brighter?

***

Dolly always knows best!

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Mouldy said...

There are lots of things that make my day brighter, Fairy! Sometimes I just can't think of any. I'll have to adopt a positivity tactic like you have.

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Adam said...

Sorry about the work thing, lack of management, unrealistic workload? Sounds familiar to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home