Outpourings

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tuesday Feast

Ok, so its late but I was in Paris last week.

Appetizer
From which country(s) are some (or all) of your ancestors?

There's a can of worms. They are rumoured to be from; Portugal, Germany, Russia, Scotland. But most were in South Yorkshire.

Soup
How would you describe your sneeze?

Too loud. Over the top. You might even say flamboyant but not camp.

Salad
What is the last thing you cleaned?

Everyone else has said themselves. This is true of course but the most interesting thing I cleaned was the pan in which I had boiled my eggs in. Here is a question; when boiling an egg, how do you stop the egg from cracking? I have tried everything and they still bloody crack and leak out all over the pan.

Main Course
Who made the strongest first impression on you?

In terms of actual, split second, first impression, that would be a guy called Istvan at Uni. He came into the kitchen whilst I was eating Museli. He wasn't wearing a shirt and he evidently worked out and was quiet buff. He said "Hi! I'm Istvan!" But it sounded like "Hi! I'm blaa blaa!". It wasn't what I expected to face at that hour of the morning in my first week away from home.
The other person who made a strong impression on me we shall call by the letter R. I really didn't like him at first. How that changed!


Dessert
Name one thing you want to accomplish in your lifetime.

Write a whole book.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 am, Blogger LĂ©onie said...

If, when you're heating up the water to boil the egg in, you place the egg near the hob you're using it warms up the egg. I think the egg cracks because it's overwhelmed by the heat, so if you warm it up gently first it won't do it.

I think. Try it.

(I cannot believe I just offered domestic advice. This is most out of character.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home